Caption for Bangor, High Street And Clock 1908
Looking across the Menai Straits to Anglesey, the city of Bangor is the largest town in the north-west corner of Wales, the former principality of Gwynedd, and home to an ancient diocese and the University College of North Wales. The cathedral has been a site of Christian worship for longer than that at Canterbury. Horse-drawn vehicles ply the High Street on a summer morning; a sign on the clock tower directs visitors to the sea-water baths and the pier. Note the poster for Rose's lime juice, right. The view is very different today, since the building behind the red-brick clock tower has been demolished and the site redeveloped.