Caption for Bradpole, And The Knapp 1907
The village of Bradpole is shown here from the north-east, looking south-west from above Hole House Farm and the valley of the Mangerton River across to Holy Trinity Parish Church (right) and the fields of St Andrew's Well (centre), to Watton Hill (middle distance, left). Beyond is the silhouette of Colmer's Hill, above Symondsbury, merging with the skyline of Quarry Hill. The churchyard (right of centre) was extended in 1817 and had filled with Victorian graves, towards the monkey puzzle tree. By mid-Edwardian times, the village was expandiing into the middle distance (left).