The Frith Photo Library is a rights-managed library of historical photographs offering nostalgic images which depict the enormous physical and social changes that have taken place throughout Britain since the 1850s.
Start a search
- We currently offer over 120,000 digitised images, from the total of over 360,000 topographical photographs in the Collection, all taken between c1860 and 1970.
- Our images depict 7,000 cities, towns and villages all over the British Isles, many taken at regular intervals and so offering Now and Then comparisons.
- All images are available to search by place name and date, with 17,649 currently also searchable by Key-word, but this number is expanding every month.
- Images may be viewed and a price quote obtained online, but high resolution files will be provided by email, via FTP, or sent on disc according to your needs.
- View our images for free - but we do ask you to register if you want to save your searches.
- Where possible we will scan on demand if you require a detailed crop or part of an image, but this may take longer.
To purchase images ready-mounted or framed or for other gift ideas from The Francis Frith Collection, please click here.
Note: This will open in a separate window and the Photo Library Web Site will remain in this one.