Travel around Scotland, Wales and the regions of England through the pages of the books in our 'A Taste of ...' series, and discover the delicious variety of our traditional dishes, as well as some of the stories behind the recipes. Your journey is given added flavour by delightful period images from The Francis Frith Collection, showing the people and places of these regions in past times.
Each title in the series explores a particular region, featuring some of its cities, towns and villages in glorious period photographs, with a selection of the local food and recipes that the area is known for.
Feeling nostalgic, and hungry? Books from this stunning series from The Francis Frith Collection are available from only $28.
Rediscover traditional locally-inspired dishes. Across this range you'll find mouth-watering recipes using some of the fine local produce that Britain is famous for - here are just a few!
Each book is peppered with topic boxes of additional snippets and information about regional dialect, words and phrases, traditional customs and local trivia, to convey a true flavour of the region. Here are just a few of the fascinating facts from the books.
- The story of the local hero behind the recipe for Cornwall's Stargazy Pie.
- The famous biscuit originally invented as a slimming aid.
- The Lancashire delicacy associated with the Celtic festival of the dead.
- The peas that saved the people of Blackpool from starvation.
- The cake traditionally eaten on Mothering Sunday.