More about this scene
On the exposed Wolds, the
ironstone church is situated on
the south side of the village street,
away from the main A606
Nottingham to Stamford road.
Here, in a relatively elaborate
tomb, lies Everard Digby, who died
in 1628, namesake of Sir Everard,
who was executed for his part in
the Gunpowder Plot in 1605. The
weathered stonework of the church
is mainly of the 13th century, with
a later very elegant spire, all over-
restored in 1852 by local builders
Broadbent & Hawley.
An extract from
Leicestershire Villages Photographic Memories.