Landewednack, Church Cove c.1900

More about this scene


Caption for Landewednack, Church Cove C1900: Church Cove was a pilchard fishing place, with boats hauled up the steep beach, and there was also a lifeboat station here for a while until 1899. Pleasure steamers from Falmouth, such as the 'New Resolute' seen here, called to land passengers in rowing boats. At low tide the visitors clambered out onto the Battleship Rock in the centre of the view.

An extract from Cornwall County Memories.

Buy the Print >

Buy "Landewednack, Church Cove c.1900" available as a print on its own along with framed and canvas options.