Morpeth, The Chantry From The Old Bridge c.1960

More about this scene


Caption for Morpeth, From The Old Bridge C1960: This photograph was taken from the old footbridge, of which only the central pier and abutments remain; the cast iron section was added in 1869. The building in the centre of the picture with the bellcote is The Chantry; it is thought to have been founded by Robert of Morpeth around 1296. The Chantry was partially remodelled in the 1730s and underwent a sympathetic restoration in 1980. Over on the right is the Telford Bridge of 1829-31 designed by John Dobson.

An extract from Northumberland Tyne and Wear Photographic Memories.

More about this scene


Caption for Morpeth, From The Old Bridge C1960: This photograph was taken from the old footbridge, of which only the central pier and abutments remain; the cast iron section was added in 1869. The building in the centre of the picture with the bellcote is The Chantry; it is thought to have been founded by Robert of Morpeth around 1296. The Chantry was partially remodelled in the 1730s and underwent a sympathetic restoration in 1980. Over on the right is the Telford Bridge of 1829-31 designed by John Dobson.

An extract from Northumberland Tyne and Wear Photographic Memories.

Buy A Print

Buy 'Photo of Morpeth, The Chantry From The Old Bridge c.1960' as a print, or have it mounted, framed, or on canvas.

Prices from £22 £18.70
to £255

Personalised Gifts

Use this photo to create a gift.