Return To Leverington - a Memory of Leverington.

I've just visited Leverington after 37 years and stood on the site of the Student Camp where I stayed in 1982 & 1983. Wonderful memories.

A memory shared by Sean Mc Kinney on Feb 26th, 2020. Send Sean Mc Kinney a message

Mon Sep 28th 2020, at 5:35 pm
Sean Mc Kinney commented:
Haven't had an email John, if that's what u mean
Sun Sep 27th 2020, at 1:15 pm
j.loring commented:
Hi Sean .Having trouble with my computer did my reply go out to as I can not find it.John

j.loring@outlook.com
Wed Sep 23rd 2020, at 3:51 am
j.loring commented:
Hi I was there in the late 50's.Would your dad have been there than .I did go back some years ago ,but was unable to find where the camp might have been.The only name that I remember was Dick.John ( Mark Robinson)
Mon Sep 7th 2020, at 9:19 am
Sean Mc Kinney commented:
Hi J.Loring
I was at the camp in the summer of 1982 and 1983. I don't remember any other camps in the area at that time. The manager was a guy from Kings Lynn called "Mac". I have seen the name "Dick" on other posts but he would've been there before my time so I didn't know him.
My time at the camp was absolutely wonderful and it was great to return to the site after 37 years; a greatexperience. My email address is smckinney2008@hotmail.co.uk if you ant to contact me further. Good to hear from you.
Mon Sep 7th 2020, at 1:44 am
j.loring commented:
I was there in the late 50's in the nus camp .Would Dick have been your farther name.The name Dick would come up quite often.John
Sun Sep 6th 2020, at 7:11 am
j.loring commented:
Hi Sean I was there in the late 50's.What a fantastic time I had .I think there were 4 other camps in Wisbech area.Each weekend one camp would hold a party where all the other camps were invited.Lots of beautiful girls from Norway and other parts of Europe.John
Wed Apr 15th 2020, at 9:17 pm
jessikart commented:
Oh wow! Sean - it was my dad, Mac, who ran the farm camp at Leverington! I was one of the three urchins who ran around being noisy and annoying. I have such perfect memories of our years at Leverington. Last time I went back was in 2012 to have a look at the site, and it still felt the same to me, even with all of the buildings gone. It's amazing to think you went back to see it again - Dad will be so happy to hear that you revisited it, thank you so much!