Born In Penrhiwceiber - a Memory of Penrhiwceiber.

Hi, my name is Marilyn Piper. I have lived in Sydney, Australia for 42 years and now reside on the Central Coast. I was born at 111 Penrhiwceiber Rd, Penrhiwceiber in 1945. My mother's name was Annie Parker who had 4 brothers. My uncle Willlis Parker was a builder in the area. He had 11 children (3 emigrated to Oz in 1960/70). A few of his sons also became builders in Penrhiwceiber. My mother married Melvin Francis Goodwin in 1944 but divorced in 1950 when I was 5 yrs. I have been trying to find my father without success as I have limited knowledge of him or any photos. I was christened in St Winifred's Church as Marilyn Goodwin. If anybody can be of any help I would love to hear from you. My children keep trying but we have such limited information and they would love to know what happened to him. We had rumours that he was deported back to Canada. Can't wait to hear from someone. Regards Marilyn.

A memory shared by Marilyn Piper on Oct 13th, 2013. Send Marilyn Piper a message

Mon Sep 6th 2021, at 12:05 pm
Marilyn Piper commented:
HI THERE. JUST LOOKING AT THIS PAGE AGAIN.
DO YOU STILL KNOW GODFREY PARKER OR HIS BROTHER.
WOULD LIKE TO GET IN TOUCH..
MARILYN.
Mon Sep 6th 2021, at 12:02 pm
Marilyn Piper commented:
Just looking back on this page and was not so good on the internet then back in 2017. But would love to hear from you about my family. Bernard and Godfrey were my cousins. Marion still lives there. Her twin sister Margaret lives not far from me in NSW. She married Keith Sanders of Penrhiwceiber Rd. My father at one time i believe lived with my uncle jack and aunt maud Parker. I just want one photo of my father. Surely someone can help please. I’ve been searching for years !
Sun Apr 2nd 2017, at 1:27 am
Marilyn Piper commented:
Hi. Just got back from holidays. So pleased to receive your response. My cousin Margaret lives close to me. She is Bernard's sister. No one remembers anything about my father though. I would love a photo of him. My cousin Godfrey lived over the road from me. He wasn't one of the builders though. Bernard is still working! I hope you can give me some more info. Thanks for getting in touch. Marilyn
Sun Mar 19th 2017, at 7:32 pm
dwj1946dj commented:
Hi Marilyn, I remember Parkers the builders of 'Ceiber road. One of the boys, Godfrey was the same age as me. Another brother, Bernard is alive and lives at 77, [I think] Llangorse Road, Cwmbach, Aberdare. I hope you get to read this and can get in touch
Mon Mar 23rd 2015, at 5:54 pm
Gayle Odare commented:
Mon Mar 23rd 2015, at 5:52 pm
Gayle Odare commented:
Hi Marilyn , i run a page called cynon valley remembered on face book , ask on there x