Old Maps of Leigh

Historic Maps of Leigh and the local area.

The last name on the World War 1 memorial in Leigh Church is Rifleman William Winkworth. Mr Winkworth from Ashford in Kent was for a time a baker at Dawes Green ,Leigh. He married Bessie Lemmon and for a while just before WW1 lived in the Old Shepherds Cottage, Tapners Road Leigh. (...Read full memory)

In the Leigh Surrey Website headed "History from Parishioners" is a photo of the Forge, Leigh taken around 1900. The people in the picture from right to left are; In the doorway Mr Frank Flint who later ran the Petrol station Mr George Flint the village blacksmith who was badly kicked by a shire horse and (...Read full memory)